So, in all reality I am really bad at this blogging thing... but I left my phone at home today... and I have nothing much to do, so I guess I'll catch you up on my life... Not that it's very exciting.
I officially got a teaching job at a school on August 18th. Well, currently I am "training" I guess you can say... For the rest of the school year (which ends in December) I am co-teaching social studies/natural science in 2nd grade with the current ss/ns teacher (focusing on social studies because that's what I will be teaching next year). During this time I am supposed to learn the ins and outs of the school, and how to be a homeroom teacher. Next year I will get my own class.
The school is growing. They usually have only 2 classes per grade, but this year they added a third class to the 1st grade. So next year I may end up with a homeroom since there will be 3 classes of 2nd graders, but who knows what will really happen. This is Chile after all. Things usually are not figured out until right when you need them to be figured out. I am excited to continue my teaching career at this school for the next year. It's an amazing school, and the students are good. Yes, you still have the cases of student who will defy the teacher and talk back, but there's not many.
There are a lot of differences between this school and my one back in Milwaukee. The first is in Chile I am working with students who come from money. Back in the states I worked in a school where most students came from poverty. So... of course there are many differences.. and I don't feel it right to compare the two schools. It's not fair. I
But it is nice to work at a school where I can focus on building my methodology of teaching without constantly having to worry about if my students had breakfast this morning and if their basic needs are being met. My school also can afford to pay for my supplies and anything I need which is nice because I don't have to use my own money then.
Even though I am working at a school I am still teaching 3 days a week at night. My private lessons. With all the traveling to and from the lessons and school it is exhausting. But it will soon be over. In October 1 of my lessons ends. yay!
I have to get to class now. Chao hope you all are doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment