30 May, 2014

What Does a New Principal Mean For the School? For Me?

A fresh start for a somewhat failing school? A chance to attempt to get parents more involved in their children's education? New/changes to the school policies? And probably many more other 'Things'...

My school has officially hired a new principal! After our last one resigned out assistant principal became the interim principal (IP). The IP applied for the job, but did not get hired on. Instead we have a completely new person. One who speaks Spanish, and who's dissertation was on connecting Hispanic students and their Caucasian Teachers. Which is something that I believe needs to be worked on here.

He came to mass on Wednesday and introduced himself. He is a good speaker. I hope his actions are just like his speaking skills. Our should needs something to change. With only a small percentage of our students proficient in Math and Reading (according to the WKCE) something needs to be done.

The thing I am worried about is that he might not rehire me after my year off. Then again a year is a long time from know. Anything can happen. Who knows where I will be? I would love to come back to this school and continue to work, but in reality who knows where the future will take me. I just need to focus on the hear and now. Focus on finding myself while I'm down in Chile.

So, all I can really do is wish my school luck! I hope everything works out!

~Leslie


No comments:

Post a Comment