EIGHT more school days! Not that I am counting or anything. It has been a long year, but I have learned a lot. I have enjoyed my time at POP this past school year. I never knew that there was so much that needed to be done before we were free for summer. Much less things I need to do before I leave my school for the year.
1. I need to inventory ALL title III material.- When you're an ESL teacher that is A LOT of stuff to look at. I had almost 300 items. I did that last week so I don't need to work about it now. (Oh, man jut remembered. I for got some things.. Darn.. )
2. Take all of my personal books, textbooks, and other items home.- Even though I have only been here for 1 year, I have accumulated a bunch of materials I brought from home that now have to make their way back to my home.
3. Clean everything- I guess this is why I have students... Just kidding! :) Although it's a good use of their time if they finish their work early and have "nothing" else to do.
4. Attend end of year in-services- We are deciding on a new reading curriculum to get for next year, working on the School Improvement Plan, deciding on a theme for next year, and I am sure other end of the year paperwork
5. Meet the new ESL teacher? If they are hired before I leave for Chile I would like to meet them. OR talk to them/give them some general information about the job. I am not sure where they are in the hiring process though because we are getting a new principal and they may be waiting for him to start to finalize hiring.
OK, so I lied this list doesn't seem nearly as long as I thought it was... Although, I could just not know everything I need to do yet. Things will still probably be piled on my plate or mentioned as they come along.
I hope everyone's end of the school year is going smoothly. Mine is going alright. The only hard part is keeping students interested and focused on it. Which is easier said than done especially when they know the last day grades are due... The 2nd of June and the last day of school is the 6th. Those last days are going to be torture.
Cheers to the end of the school year.
Leslie
No comments:
Post a Comment