05 July, 2014

Dead Heading Flowers and the Fourth of Julio

I went out to my grandparent's house for lunch on Thursday. My brother and little cousin were cutting grass, and I was cutting all of the dead flowers off of the plants. It was a beautiful day, and it made me think of all the summers I lived with my grandparents during the week while I worked on the horse ranch next door to them or babysat my cousins that lived on the other side of them. Life was less complicated back in middle/high school. Well, no I lie, I was a drama queen back then... very self-absorbed... Nothing like I am now. Yes, I have changed a lot since those days. 

Chickens from the farm! 
Oh, as I was wheeling the cart I was putting the dead flowers in back to the garage, a saw a green blob out of the corner of my eye... I turned and saw a little frog hanging on the handle of the cart. Oh, that little thing scared me. So, naturally I took a little photo shoot of him. (I was just messing with the camera on my phone to see how my pics turned out) 


I am really surprised that Kitty didn't see it, and eat it.. That cat's loosing her touch. 



I am going to look up what kind he is... I'm interested to know.

Yesterday was the Fourth of July. It was a nice relaxing day for my family. We went to the parade. Some of my parent's friends came over, and my friends AF and her fiance C came over. I ate... WAY to much food, but hey not everyday is your country's birthday. AF and C also got me a going away present. I unwrapped it to find a box of a fish tank...

 AF said, "I figured you could have it since I don't need it anymore."
"Okay, thanks..." I said as thought what the hell am I going to do with then.. Then I opened the box to find....

Tampons! Yes, my two good friends bought me about 6 months worth of tampons for my trip to Chile! It was probably the most thoughtful/creative gift I have gotten in a long time. (FYI Tampons are VERY expensive in Chile... and I believe most other parts of South America. My friend told me that they sell a box of 16 for 7$... What!?! Yeah... That's what I said...)  So I should be set until Xmas. :) Now I just have to figure out a way to pack them into my stuff... This could get interesting.


Here's some more pics of my day.
Breezy was VERY tired and passed out in the middle of the party.. She handled the party very well for being 13.5 years old. 

AF and me before she left. 

The famous Kilties always are the very last thing in our parade. They are AMAZING!

It's really starting to set in that I am leaving for a long while... I can't keep saying, "Hey, Let's go do that next week... Oh, never mind." To my friends and family... And now I am starting to realize I have a LOT to do before Thursday... Only 4.5 days until I leave! EEEK!

I hope everyone else had a great and safe 4th of July!

Chao
<3 Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment