Today I went with M to register our diplomas with the Ministry of Exterior.. This completes the legalization process. It takes only two minutes to do.. After you wait in line. So, if you want to get in and out of there in a timely manner come about a half hour before they open, and wait in the line that forms outside the door.
After that M and I had an hour and a half to waste before she had her appointment at the Extranjeria to figure out her visa stuff. To pass time we attempted to sit in Plaza de Armas ,but they were "restoring" it and it was all closed off. Even the Cathedral was closed for restoration. But Plaza de Armas is apparently getting Wi-Fi. That should be interesting.
Now, I have to start getting my visa stuff together... I'm not thinking about that tonight though... I'll worry about that in the morning.
After we figured out M's visa issue she showed me how to get to Chicureo (I had an interview out there). I had to take the Green line to the Yellow line and then take the Yellow line to Vespucio Norte. From there I had to catch a small coach bus (that's not apart of Transantiago o you pay cash to get there). which came every hour. M asked around and this security guy helped us... (down here, most of the time, people like to help gringas... or just stare at them).
I am so grateful that she came with to the bus terminal! I am actually so grateful for everything she has done for me these past few days. I don't know where I'd be if she wasn't here. I don't know how I'm going to repay her for her generosity and patience as I get my footing here.
![]() |
| Chicureo, Santiago |
![]() |
| View of Andes from bus |
The whole interview seemed rushed, but they need some one ASAP. I've been thinking about this job... It's just so far to commute everyday by bus... I'm sure I could find some one to carpool with.. I guess well have to see what happens. It sounds like they're going to offer me a job, depending on the psyc. exam, not that I', worried about. it. We will see...
![]() |
| View of the Andes from the school. |
Chao,
Leslie
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment