12 April, 2014

2 Years and a LOT of Skeins Later...

and VOILA I have finished a blanket. It's just a simple Granny Square which turned out a LOT bigger than I was aiming for. It took so long to finish because I was still in school, working, bowling, and, I'm not going to lie, I got bored with doing it. I could only handle going around in a square with one color for so long before my mind started to wander.

The repetitions is one of the reasons that this pattern is not my favorite. I have a very active mind/imagination and like to do different things. So, why do this pattern you may ask? Well, I had extra yarn lying around to start it, and with my busy schedule no time to learn a new pattern, so I figured that it would be a nice easy thing to do wind down at the end of the day.

It's an awesome pattern for some one to get started crocheting. It's simple to beginning, and gives you plenty of practice with a double crochet. (I learned how to Crochet with this back in high school when we still had Sewing Classes) Here's online instructions if your interested: Granny Square Pattern.

So, now that this blanket is finished. I want to start another, but I'm going to try and force myself to wait until I get to Chile. I want to check out some of their alpaca yarn and maybe start knitting... Plus since it usually takes me a while to finish a project... I'd probably not finish it, and let's be honest, I'd rather save room in my suitcase to pack more important things other than yarn.

Have a good weekend!
Leslie

P.S. I'm look for fun new patterns to do. If you have any ideas feel free to share them in a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment