09 April, 2014

Sometimes I am a wino.

So I saw on Pintrest a while ago directions for painting wine glasses. It looked so easy and awesome, that I decided to try it. Here's the directions/results! And it's cheap (I spend around $7 for paint and glasses)

1. Go buy (or dig out of the basement)  paint (make sure you can use it on GLASS. I got Americana multi-surface acrylic paint) It's not pricey. I paid about $1.20 a bottle.. (and I used my teacher discount because I will be using them in my classes too)
Paint I bought. 

2. On your way home from buying the paint you can then stop and get plain wine glasses... I went to the Dollar Store!

3. Decide how you want to paint them. You can do dots or a design. (I find painting dots with a cue-tip is the easiest because I am artistically challenged)
cue-tips = fun!

4.If you want your design to be bold do lots of coats on them! (I did 3 or 4 coats on the flower one) If you want it to be more relaxed ( not as bold) then you can get away with 2 coats.
Bolder = more coats

Relaxed = less coats


5. Let them set for 7 days (or at least that's what my paint told me)

6. Then bake them at 325F for 30 minutes. Place the wine glasses in there at the beginning so the glasses heat and cool with the stove. after 30 minutes shut off the stove and let the glasses sit in the oven for 20 minutes..

7. Then BAM! you have your very own cute painted wine glasses.. Hand wash... I don't have a dishwasher so I don't know how well that works with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment