02 June, 2014

A Great Start to the Summer

Two of my closest friends got married this weekend! It was so exciting to see them tie the knot. The bride looked beautiful, and the groom cleaned up nicely too! They also had their baby in a little tux that matched daddy's! The weather was also amazing. It wasn't too hot, the sun was out, and the rain held off for a day. The food was a mexican/american smorgasbord. Delicious! 

Before 
SMASH
Right before they cut the cake the bride asked me, "Do you think I should shove the whole cake in is face?" I replied, "Go for it. It's your day." Now I was thinking that it would be a gentle smash in the face. Um  yeah, no, A took the cake and slammed it into D's face... and there was a gasp from the crowd! People were not expecting that, but it would be A to do something like that! Oh, how I love her! 

After that happened D's older brother hosed him down  with the garden hose. Once D was squeaky clean they were able to cut the other 2 cakes.
I'm surprised his glasses didn't break.
The cake was from the mexican bakery Lopez's. Oh it was yummy! I certainly ate my fair share of sweets this weekend.

I also got to hang out with some old friends from McDonald's. Most of whom I have not seen in a long time. I do miss working there. At least I miss the people I used to work with, not the job itself. Although most times the job wasn't that bad. We spent time reminiscing on the past, and talking about our future plans.

After dinner we had a bonfire. Drank some good craft beers and laughed at how last summer I almost started my hair  on fire last summer. (I didn't know my friends just put lighter fluid on the fire and I blew on the fire to help get it started.. and the flames went ROAR into my face. Luckily my hair only got singed a little bit.) We swapped childhood stories and continued to talk about the going on's in our life.

All together it was a nice relaxing Saturday. And a great start to my short summer. 

Have a good Monday everyone! 

Leslie  

No comments:

Post a Comment