I got my diploma back for the Consulate General de Chile (Chicago) on Friday! They put a seal/stamp on it declaring it a legal/official document. They also sent a letter back saying that to official have your document legalized you need to validate it in Santiago at the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores. (Departamento de legaliaciones). They are open from 9:00am-2:00pm Monday through Friday.
Luckily I don't have to work right away when I get down there so I'll have time to do this. Then I'll be all set to apply for a temporary resident visa!
I also suggest/remind you that you should legalize your document BEFORE you leave for Chile. It makes the process easier and cheaper and quicker. Even though you don't have to get a temporary resident visa to work at a language institute, you can just get a work visa, the temporary resident visa makes it easier to find and be more flexible about working jobs. This is because for a work visa you NEED a contract with a company to work, but with the temp res. visa you DO NOT need a contract to work. It makes it easier to quit jobs and find different employment if something doesn't work out at the initial company.
Good luck if you need to do this process. It wasn't difficult, just a lot of mailing and waiting.
Suerte.
Leslie
No comments:
Post a Comment