04 June, 2014

The Beginning of the End

organizing my books
One and a half days left of school. One and a half days until I finish my first year as an ESL teacher. My room feels strangely empty at the moment. All of it's personality is packed away in boxes, all of the scraps of paper recycled, the rug is rolled up, and all of the books organized for the summer.

That shoe is one of my pencil cases...jaja
I just have a few odds and ends to pack up before next Tuesday. It has been a good school year, I have learned a lot and enjoyed my time here (Well... Most of my time here) I have grown to love the students I serve, and hope we meet again in the future. They have all taught me so much (I swear my Mexican Spanish is dominating my Chilean Spanish right now) and I hope I have taught them just as much and more. It's sad leaving my first real teaching job here, but I hope to be back soon. I have also met some amazing new co-workers that I hope to stay in touch with while I am gone! 

So, just as every story has an ending, so does the school year....

Cheers to the end of the school year, my fellow teachers. Cheers to everything you have done for your students this year! Cheers to a good and safe summer to all! May it be relaxing and energy filling. 

Leslie


No comments:

Post a Comment